June 15th is almost here, and thus the sad ending of my experience abroad. I honestly don’t want to leave this campus, England… or even Europe in general. I love it here. I love the people I met, the random experiences, the classes, etc, etc… traveling, the food! I really don’t want to leave.
I still can’t believe that 6 months has already passed. It went by way too fast. I’m currently packing my stuff and it has gotten a tad bit emotional. At first when I came to the University of Sussex I was sad that I was going to be abroad– away from home, away from the familiar, away from my beloved Seattle– but now, I honestly don’t want to leave England. The very first week I had a bit of an emotional break down because this campus was in the middle of nowhere and I didn’t know anyone. I didn’t. But when the days came passing by I slowly started to fall in love with Sussex… with Brighton.. with England.
I’m not having an emotional tear-jerking moment whilst typing this post.
I have a laundry list of what I’m going to miss, so here goes nothing. I’ll try to hold back the tears… though no promises:
- ASDA: I love you even though you’re part of the Wal-Mart family. You are cheap, and that makes me happy.
- Boots: I was a bit disappointed that you didn’t sell boots, but being a beauty/health care store is okay.
- Primark: I hate saying goodbye, but I really have to. I wish you were in the States because I would spend countless hours shifting though clothes, flats and handbags.
- Churchill Square: At first I doubted you, but now I understand your amazingness. The department stores you have are amazing. Can’t compare the fashion and of course some amazing deals.
- Portsmouth: My favorite city by far in the UK. I loveeee how the Outlet stores are right next to the train station and right next to the waterfront. You are a mesh between Kirkland and Bellevue. I guess that’s why I love you.
- St Peters Church: The best people I’ve ever met. I love you guys. Don’t change.
- Co-op: The fact that you’re the only grocery on campus makes me have to love you.
- 3pound meal deals: I get lazy, so I like buying a sandwich, snack and a drink.
- The fact that I can show my student ID and get free ice cream when I order a meal makes me love you that much more. HEYYY USA, we need this!